The Africa Travel Boutique (“We”, “Us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Notice (“Notice”) (together with and any other documents referred to therein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us will be processed by Us when you use our website at www.theafricatravelboutique.com (“Website”) or any of our services, or where we enter into any other business relationship with you. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”, from the GDPR implementation date) or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998, (collectively the “Data Protection Laws”) the Data Controller is THE AFRICA TRAVEL BOUTIQUE.
Your Personal Information
We collect and process some or all the following types of information from you in the course of your use of the Website, our provision of our services, or otherwise conducting any business relationship with you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Agent Zone, subscribing to our services (including but not limited to news alerts), or requesting further information or services.
- Specifically, personal details such as name, email address, place of work, position, country, telephone number or any information input by you when using the Website, completing our survey forms or using our services.
- In respect of the personnel engaged by our customers and suppliers (or prospective customers and suppliers), and with whom we come into contact in connection with the relationship between Us and our customer and supplier, we will process your contact details and any other information that you provide to us.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
The provision of name, email address, place of work, position, country and telephone number is required from you to register to use the Website. Your name and email address are required from you to register for news alerts. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to Us.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We use public sources such as LinkedIn to obtain the contact details of individuals who we reasonably believe may have an interest in our products and services. you to register to use the Website.
Uses made of your information
The Africa Travel Boutique hopes that our registered users will support us in maintaining our business model by consenting to our use of your personal data as described below.
We use information held about you in accordance with the following “legal bases” and for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our Website and associated functionality (such as password reminders) and to carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us. We rely on “performance of a contract with you” as the legal basis for this processing.
- To provide you with news alerts. We rely on “consent” as the legal basis for this processing.
- To notify you about changes to our service. We rely on “performance of a contract with you” as the legal basis for this processing.
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device(s) you use to access and view the Website. We rely on “legitimate interest” as the legal basis for this processing, and the legitimate interest is the maintenance and improvement of our Website for the benefit of all our users.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
- We may use information held about you to promote our products and services that may be of interest to you. We rely on a number of legal bases for this type of processing.
In any case, if you would prefer that we do not use your data to market or promote our products and services to you, please either tick the relevant box on the form through which we collect your data (for example, the registration form), unsubscribe from our electronic communications using the method indicated in the relevant communication, or contact Us at the contact details set out below.
Disclosure of your information
We routinely disclose your personal data to third parties service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. We may also disclose your personal data to any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Other than as set out above, and save insofar as is necessary in order for Us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, We will not share your data with third parties, unless We have procured your express consent to do so.
Storing your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Website, or by contacting Us at email@example.com. If you have any questions about how We use data collected which relates to you, please contact Us.
We will endeavour to update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to Us, in order to ensure that the personal data We hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
For Website Users will hold your personal data (eg name, address and contact details) for a minimum of 3 years unless you ask Us to delete it.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Notice is already designed to address.
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold.
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations.
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing.
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data.
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email, call or write to Us.
We reserve the right to modify this Notice at any time. Any changes We may make to our Notice in the future will be notified and made available to you using the Website. Your continued use of the services and the Website shall be deemed your acceptance of the varied Privacy Notice.